So here is the situation......my small framed, 13 year old son has drawn an antlerless elk permit for this fall/winter, public land in Northern Utah.

I have a nice 7mm-08 that has been extremely accurate and I have had very little struggle getting it to shoot whatever we have wanted to. That said, I am beginning to run out of time and have not been able to do the load development I would like. I wanted to try and get the 140 partition to shoot out of the rifle.

Right now, it shoots 140 Accubonds into about 3/4", 5 shot groups at 100 yards with Varget, Lapua .308 brass necked down, and seated to fit in the magazine. The 140 Ballistic tip shoots same point of impact with better accuracy with the same load. It has been known to shoot one ragged hole at 100 yards, but almost always shoots 1/2" at 100 yards.

I have also shot 139 Hornady SP very accurately with IMR4064.

So....I wanted to get to the Partitions and haven't been able to yet. I have 50 loaded up with various charges of RE15 and IMR4350. Hope to get them to the range this week.

If it were you, would you hesitate to just go with the known accuracy of the Accubond, or would you try to get the 140 partition to shoot well?

I have killed each of my 6 elk over the past several years using 160 Accubonds out of my 7mm Mag. Mostly very pleased with the results. I know that the Accubonds work well at the 7mm Rem Mag velocities and with the 160 grain bullet. What are your thoughts on the 140 Accubond at 7mm-08 22" barrel velocities?

I appreciate your responses.

FH