Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Ed Brown Damara in .300 Win Mag.

Light, accurate and with Swaro Z3, 4-12x50 BT and Outdoorsmans turret set up for 180 gr. NBT/NAB's at 3050 fps, it's very effective.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow, that is a very nice set up! What a good rifle to have for just about everything.

The sad thing, Ed quit making them. He's focusing his attention on his high end line of 1911's. Guess there's more money in those.

The 704 action is quite unique. Ed designed it to be controlled feed, but still have a round bolt like a M-700, sorta the best of both worlds. Even with steel bottom metal, it's very light and well balanced. It does have a brake. Ed says that magnums with light barrels are more accurate with a brake and he has evidence to support his theory. It has a Shilen barrel and a Jewell trigger from the factory. The stock is Ed's design, made by McM and sounds like Edge fill, although it's not advertised as such. From the weight, it must be Edge or equivalent. This is a very well made, well thought out rifle. The mag box is full length magnum and the throat works out perfectly for longer rounds. Just well done with top quality parts. Most rifles I acquire get tweaked or worked on by me. This one is pure perfection, absolutely nothing for me to do, even if I wanted to.

DF