Here's what I did on Oct. 1st. I already posted this earlier, so sorry if you're already seen it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The particulars: Got this speed goat on afternoon of opening day in Antelope Area 16, east of Buffalo, WY. As a bonus it has an extra "sticker" point on the outside of each horn.

Ruger No. 1AH in .25-06. I've installed a Clement's custom trigger, Moulds speed hammer, Blitzschnell mainspring, and Trop #1 custom safety. Scope is Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x with BDC reticle. Shooting my loads with 100gr Barnes Tipped Triple Shock X-bullet (TTSX) loaded to around 3400fps and still getting less than 3/4" groups consistently. Shot was taken from the ledge just below the horizon over my left shoulder in the first pic, with a crosswind gusting up to around 15 mph. Range was 320yds lasered with Leica 1600B rangefinder. The shot was just a fuzz further back than I normally like. I slightly over-compensated for the crosswind.

Tim

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)