Arabians do have a lot of stamina.That is the main reason most win endurance races. They are a hot blood or at least a warm blood and do require a lot of work. A well trained Arabian can be a joy to own, a bad one is the opposite.Once trained,they work as well as most other breeds,but you have to keep in mind that evey specific breed of equines have been bred to do certain task better than others.

Because they are smart and are on the hot side, I have found that Arabian mules are a bad combination. They are too darn smart,are nervous, and spook very easily. I do know there have been some folks that have had Arabian mules that have made out ok, but know a lot more that have not.

However,it is the individual animal that makes the difference and how they are treated, trained ,etc. Just because the blood line says Arabian, does not mean I would write it off.Same as a thorobred, morgan, appenedix bred,etc.

My very first horse many years ago was an arabian/quarter cross and he was a darn good horse.

If you can get past the over fed and under worked, go for it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles