Originally Posted by benchman
Well, in m experience, you are wrong. My ignition problems went away with T7. Think what you will, but it did not go bang, and now it does every time. I also have 4 other sidelock rifles, Investarms Hawkens. They have NO problems at all with T7 and musket caps. Not to disparage BP, but I have had no ignition problems at all with T7 and musket caps. (actually still use #11 on the Bobcat)Real BP is tough to get around here. I use what works, and kill a lot of deer. Your mileage may vary....
Your experience obviously amounts to whatever horseshit you're capable of posting on the internet. Triple 7 and Pyrodex both have an ignition temperature of approximately 750 F. Period. Yet in your "experience," Triple 7 is easier to ignite than Pyrodex. That makes as much sense as a pound of feathers weighing less than a pound of rocks. Real black powder is easier to find than ignorant [bleep] like you care to admit; you have to get off your ass and ask around.

Unlike you, I do kill a few deer and I shoot my muzzleloaders a fair amount. I know their capabilities and I can spot a load of bullshit when I see it -- like your posts. That's the difference between you and me: I bring real experience with data to the table.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.