Originally Posted by Swampman700
As long as it isn't made in Spain it will likely be safe to shoot. I'd get a T/C or a Knight.

John .
your going to hear this type of BS from some folks . its nothing but repeated words from those with little practical experience OR with money buying their opinions .
So that opinion falls into the �EHO� category . its like [bleep] ,everyone has one .

most certainly if your purchasing a used weapon , you want to make sure its been cared for properly and that the PO wasn�t an IDIOT and either improperly modified the weapon or chose to disregard manufactures load data .

Simply put its probably safe to bet that there have been more Spanish and Belgian made muzzle loading rifles sold and used since the early 1970�s , then just about any other maker out there .
don�t fall for the US made is better Bull either . Simply put , its not always true . Those makers have issues as well

As to a TC .
Personally. While they are a good rifle , I never much cared for them . No real reason .
But know that TC no longer exists . Its simply another name for Smith and Wesson . So if you have an opinion on S&W, well that�s what you will be buying .
Also IMO , TC rifles are for the most part going for way more then what they are worth . Unless you could find one for 2-300, I would still go for the Lyman

Now you could go with a modern rifle .say a Remington 700 . Im sure Swampman has at least a 1000 for you to chose from . But again ??????? he is saying TC or Knight .
if thats your choice , leave knight along and buy a TC . at least you will have some kind of resale value down the road

Last edited by captchee; 11/18/12.

[Linked Image]