Junk? Hardly. More like a precision instrument that needs to handled as such. I have one in 6.5 BRM but it so prefers 140-grain Berger VLDs that I've found no other bullet to shoot in it. The Berger VLD, though, is more than sufficient, I just like variety. I have just received some of the new Barnes LRX in 127 grains and I will be trying them when I have time. Now, when I say it is a precision instrument that is not to say it is delicate. It is a fine-crafted rifle. Light but tough. Points naturally. But the chamber is such (on mine) that you're not going to throw any load in it and be happy. Also, it is very classy looking. My experience is only with the 6.5 BRM so others may have had different experiences with other cartridges. I've taken several deer and antelope with mine. The rifle shoots much better than I do. With my go-to load with the Bergers and a bench rest I'm sure a bench rest competitor could shoot one-hole groups. As for me, it is the most accurate rifle I own. Certainly a good choice in the 6.5 caliber for those who want an accurate rifle with very, very little recoil but shooting a bullet with terrific BC and sectional density. If I wanted a single-shot truck gun I would have bought a Handi-Rifle (I actually own several); for more versatility probably a T/C, but this rifle appeals to people who want something a little different.