Vince,
I share your frustration and admire you for doing all you could in the case of the imported product you were sent as a thanks for your committing to an NRA "Life Membership". I have been a committee member here in WV for several years (since our chapter was formed).
Imported products are almost impossible to get away from in anything we do however it is possible to be careful enough when sourcing things to find some American made pieces. With that being said there are a lot of items put out at NRA fund raising banquets that are imported compounding the issue surrounding them and ticking many of us even more however with the object being fundraising the investment in some of the merchandise being critical to the same the end result is more dollars for grant requests and to support the NRA.
I know your frustration and feel it. There is something everyone of us can do which in the case of the topic of your post you did. When we voice our concerns which I have done many times to Cabellas, Bass Pro, Lowes, etc. etc as I am sure many others have as well it helps and they listen especially when we back it up with what we don't purchase.
BTW and to close on a positive and encouraging note our last banquet here hosted by our chapter "Blennerhasset Friends of NRA" here in Parkersburg, WV raised over $20,000 of which the bulk of stays in the great state of WV. We will have the state grant request meeting next month and divy up tens of thousands of dollars from all the state chapters to organizations such as county 4H groups for youth shooting activities, gun range upgrades and in some cases partial funding for new ranges, WVU Rifle team, and other good causes.
Keep fighting the good fight!

Dave