Nomad,
I hope you have found what you need and your wife is well on her way to having a great time busting clays with her new toy.
I will second the 7\8s 12 ga load as a great tool to train new shooters.
I have over 9 kids shooting skeet, trap and sporting targets and I encourage all of them to shoot the light 12 ga load instead of the 20.
It breaks targets and the kids go a lot longer at a practice. Most shoot 50 to 100 shells a session.
I am a fan of the progressive press due to the volume of shells we are going thru but the single stage is fine for a few boxes a week.
I load a Hodgden Clays load with the Winchester grey wad. I am now using the Rem. gun club hull because they are widely available at my club for free.
3 loadings and chuck them.
The Factory STS low recoil 7\8 1100fps load wont reliably cycle doubles in the 1100 Rem but the reload will. I am guessing it is 1200fps with the 17.5gr of Clays powder but I have not chrono tested the speed.
We did find the factory B&P 7\8 load to work very well in the autos. It is available from Cabelas and is the one I recommend to parents that dont reload.
I am a firm believer now in the lighter recoil shell keeping new shooters going longer at the range and it is worth the effort in the early target training to procure them in my opinion. Even if they are a bit more $ for the first 1000 rounds.
Later when they get to be target crazed they will not be as effected by the heavier loads. But many shooters find they like the lighter recoil and stay with the lower payload esp in fixed breach guns.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......