Thanks for sharing, 16penny.

Wolverines and Badgers have always intrigued me. I had my first close encounter with a bagder while slipping up on a bedded Whitetail buck in Kansas years ago, and I was impressed with the effect that his presence made upon me. I wanted to harvest him, but would have blown the deer opportunity, so I just watched in awe of the animal as he hunted with great purpose.

I recently bought a badger off old Trapper Jake from Riverton, Wyoming while I was there antelope hunting. You probably know about him, but I didn't until I ran across him out hunting. He is 98 years old and still runs a trap line. He had a couple critters he'd caught that morning and skinned the badger for me to have mounted. There's a museum dedicated to him in Riverton, they say.

I'd kind of like to have a nice fox to incorporate into my lifesize badger mount after seeing this photo...

[Linked Image]

Anybody have a interest in providing me with a real nice fox skin to use for this? I'd want it shipped directly to my taxidermist here in Mississippi.

Thanks,
Jeff

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."