Realistically a 2MOA hunting rifle is sufficient, although if any worse i wouldn't use it. But i totally understand wanting a better shooter, believe me. Judt out of curiosity, did the seller claim it was a good shooter? If its a rifle for your daughter id look into the new Ruger American. My little brother is 20 and wants to get into rifle shooting and deer hunting with me (I've been trying to get him to come out for a few years now) and he really liked my Montana's until he found out how much they cost! Anyway, i brought him to cabelas a few weeks ago to check some rifles out and get an idea of what feels good. He really liked the Ruger and everything ive heard about them has been really good, especially for the price. He doesn't have much
money right now as hes paying for half of his school and a car so i gave him an extra Zeiss Conquest 3-9 i had (NIB) and am going to put $150 down on the rifle in 308 and layaway for Christmas without telling him. They're on sale at cabelas for $350 right now too.

Maybe it'd be best to bring your daughter with to feel them herself? If they're too big i know Browning makes the micro a-bolts and Winchester has the FW compact but they are more $. The Browning is kinda cool because if you get the youth version they have a deal that you can buy a full sized stock for the rifle at a discounted price for when the kiddo grows up. Either way id cut my losses, sell the one you have and try a new rifle. It sounds like you've done almost everything to get it to shoot.

Good luck!
Cory