My daughter asked for a rifle for Christmas. I was thinking about giving her my 1950 R in 250. But, it's my absolute favorite rifle. I could give her the R in 300 I just bought from 300jimmy, but it may kick a bit much. So, trying to buy some time, to get something a little more special, I'm going to tell her to get her hunter safety card first, and then we will pick a rifle.

In the mean time, she will be graduating from a 5 year Masters program in May. She will have an MS in Ocupational Therapy and a BS in Health Biology. As a grad present I can justify spending a good bit more than as a X-mas present. I'm leaning toward a pre war 250 in very good shape. Maybe an F. I guess I could try and get her to pick a model she likes. Or, I know where there is an E in 243 I can get cheap and restock it. If I could find some real pretty early wood I could build her a nice rifle that is already D/T, and scope it.

My question is, what do you think I should do? A vintage 250, or a custom 243. I don't think she will really do a lot of hunting, but I could be wrong. I do think she would put in a good bit of range time.

Thanks, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin