Cory,

Maybe sometime I can meet up with you guys and he can shoot my 7mm mag and a .338 win mag. If it wasn't such a pain to transport everything, I've got a couple 7mm-08s, .308(s) and also just aquired a heavy barrel .308 not that long ago that's going to be my learning tool for some long(er) range rock busting.
Really giving some serious thought to ordering an A3 for the HB .308, need to find some glass for it though as well.

I'll be heading for the Cities tomorrow afternoon (un-planned trip as I've got a meeting Monday AM in St. Paul) Girl friend has the rest of the weekend filled though (oh joy... shopping.. and visiting with her friends *$#^$)

As it's been pointed out, often when people get their mind made up on something, that's the only thing that will satisfy them. But I'd also recommend a .308 for the cost of shooting alone, 6.5 creedmoors are pretty reasonable factory rounds as well.
Could keep an eye on Dicks Sporting goods and see if they have any more deals on a Remington Varmint .308 around X-Mas. If he doesn't like it, he could flip it for little to no loss.

Life is just one damned thing after another