Rest assured the press will not dwell on the facts if they ever do surface. Even in this instance, their negative bias will still be focused on black rifles.

In today's world there's truly a race to report and few if any bother to verify their supposed facts. Errors, retractions, or apologies will most likely never show up, and if they do they'll be in fine print somewhere on page 12. Had a child come running out of the school screaming that the world was flat it would have made the headlines.

On 9-11 there were initial reports of 20 or 30,000 deaths/injuries. Even from my west coast view, I did not think that possible. Yes, the buildings might have had that capacity, but the masses did not stay at their desks on the lower floors as the events unfolded.

I think any 9 year old from one of our hunter ed classes could have done a walk through and correctly quantified the type of arm, it's action, and it's location there in Ct.

Also, I was curious at that first reporting on how a medical examiner would know from a cursory look at bodies that a rife was responsible. Such knowledge would have required some retained slugs at least.

The press will interview anyone and everyone and blindly accept and publish everything said. There are too many agencies involved, and each is dispersing it's own version. In about a week I would hope that someone will winnow through the garbage and present the facts. One could write a book on all the misrepresentations kicked out. It would indeed be nice if folks could be held accountable for their reporting errors.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/20/12.

1Minute