I just made a deal on an ultralight "mountain rifle" as I had traded the one I had in progress, due to the slow nature of gunsmiths, which, at my age, presents problems.

Remmy sts Md. 7 action, trued

X-large recoil lug, trued to above

PTG bolt, fluted, alloy shroud, fluted pin, Ti handle,welded on

Micky-made Remmy Custom shop stock

Gaillard match sts tube, 7-08, Mountain Rifle contour at 22"

Neat webbed green paint

5 lbs-6 oz bare, with alloy bottom metal-dislike blind mags and have the rifles I bought so equipped modded for custom BM.

I'm thinkin' Leupy 2.5x8 silver in Leupy QR silver medium rings on the 1-pc. silver base they make for the Mod. 7. I know I can go lighter with the scope, use alloy bases, but,this rifle will be hunted as it is costing me a chunk of change and I want the most efficient sights possible for early morning in BC's dark forests.

I also want it as tough as possible as it will ride on my pack and not be pampered.

This, plus my 6-10 to 6-12 custom Classic Mod. 70 sts, in a Micky Edge in .308Win. are as light as I care to go and the cartridges are also as light as I will use in BC hunting. I have about 10 "light" rifles, going 7.25-8 lbs. all up in .270, .280 and .30-06, but, saving that pound at my age is worth squeezing my budget,for me and this should be an ideal alpine rifle for the rest of my days in the mountains.