Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've shot a bunch of other rifles costing the same amount that didn't shoot as well, or consistently--and the new Forbes Rifles shoot just as well, at less than half the price.

If you weant to argue about custom rifle accurscy, I'm willing to provide lots of data.

JB, I never argued that they didn't shoot...are you replying to my post?

My point was that for $3k, I'd expect them to shoot lights out. If they didn't, then what exactly would you be getting that you couldn't get now in a $1,200 rifle? Years ago, he had the market cornered on light rifles, but not anymore.

You're one of the relatively few who has actually shot a Forbes, so I'll take your word for it. But we won't really know about the brand until a statistically significant number of them are out there...over time. If the folks producing them can hold manufacturing and QC to something approaching Mel's standards over the long haul, then they'll likely be cranking out a fine rifle for the money. History has shown that this often isn't the case, particularly when the brand's patriarch leaves the operation.

I have great...GREAT respect for Melvin Forbes and what he's done with ULA/NULA. Had I bought one of his rifles years ago, I might not have a safe full that aren't quite right.

Chris