Okay guys, I'm getting the message. Probably not doable in the $3K budget my partner has set. I'll have to negotiate him up to realistic numbers.
I did a cursory check on google and found several outfits that were in the $5.5 range so I know a few are available in that range at least.

The last moose hunt I went on was in Alberta up near the Peace river and Ft. James first week of November? My memory isn't great so I think that is the place. Hunted with an outfitter that had rights to a huge gas exploration lease with just us and 5 other hunters inside a locked area. This was about 8-10 years ago and I've been wanting to go back with a couple of my brothers and my son ever since.

Everyone got their moose and my son and I drove home with 2 large (but not trophies)moose in my truck. 21 hours each way driving straight through.

I got lucky on that hunt and bought it at a hunting banquet for a $5200 bid for 2 people. At the time it stretched my budget a bit, but it was my present to my son for his 5 years in the Marines. Had a great hunt with very good guides and even came home early as we scored on the first couple days.

Any help I could get is appreciated in locating a decent hunt that won't break the bank.

Thanks,
Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.