In just your last post you have contradicted your own comments. First you say he never hunted, now you say he only hunted a couple of times, book said he hunted quite a bit in his youth - I think you need to re-read the book.........do keep in mind it is a book on how to shoot a traditional bow using classic form. He very plainly states that varying from the basic form is fine, but it is wise to first learn to shoot in the most simple and repeatable manor. Do you disagree with that? How about I email this to viper and let him comment instead of you trying to put words in his mouth? There are absolutley some haters on Leatherwall and Tradgang - many of which I have ask if they have even read the book they so detest, most have not. I have even offered to puchase the book from them if they would read it and give it an objective look and still did not like it - no takers. Over and over they state that he has not won 3D's or this or that - Who cares? They are probably lucky he does not - with consistant form he would undoubtable whip most of them. He has modestly stated that he has shot AA Scores on the NFAA 300 round. Do you know what that amounts to? 23.3 points per 5 arrow end or a 3 1/2" group for 60 arrows at 20 yards - no hack can do that. If you want a book on Bowhunting, that is not the one. If you want a book on how to shoot and tune trad bows - that is by far the best I have seen.

BTW, that is a great video and a very nice buck. A 10-15 yard shot is really not a big deal though and that is where the 'Bowhunter Only' mentality gets crossed up with the book. Back up to 40 or 50 yards shooting with a humpped over, inconsistant cant and inconsistant draw length and you'll need all the black magic you can muster.

So why this hate for a guy you don't even know?

Last edited by centershot; 01/03/13.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope