Quote:
------- ...Bad experiences with Hi-Point and S&W?

Me? No, actually I have never even fired either one. I think I was just trying to Tick someone off. So, ...I do apologize to all the Hi-Point aficionados here.

A little research has shown me, (via Forums) that Hi-Point pistols are actually held in very "hi" regard by many owners and shooters. One poster speculated that the negative responses may have come from people who had experiences with the older metal stock Hi-Point models, and not the current Polymer Hi-Points.

I also came across a Shooting Times magazine article that tested the 40 S&W, and the 45 ACP HP pistols. The extensive shooting and handling tests were climaxed with 3 shooting drills. 1- Slow aimed fire. 2- Repeated double tapping on target. 3- Rapid fire drills.

Both pistols proved 100% reliable. Not a single misfire or jam in 200+ rnds. fired in each gun.
Felt recoil was found to be "very soft". The author, Paul Scarlota, was: "...suitably impressed, with the reliability, accuracy, and handling qualities displayed by both pistols." "Great sights and excellent triggers". "Well balanced ergonomicaly friendly grips."

Scarlota: "You can say that the Hi-Point pistols are inexpensive, but don't ever say they don't shoot.
They shoot darn well."

Well, that just might be my first 45 ACP.
(Luxury, I can afford.)

-- Weed