I agree with the above statements about moving to backpacking type gear to shed gear weight. Sitka gear marries the lightweight/hunting gear quite well. It's not cheap, but neither is Mt. Hardwear, Arc'teryx, Patagoina, etc.
I've read comments about the Sitka gear stating " Why do I need camo long underwear?". Well if your moving and the weather is 7 when you start and 55 at 3pm, one needs to constantly shed layers.

I own some backpacking type gear and have been substituting it for my heavier camo clothing slowly over the years. I've also bought a few Sitka outerwear pieces simply b/c some things like my black Goretex jacket isn't that great at concealing my outline.

But, I typically don't even pack a jacket when its cold since I'm close enough (3 miles) from camp or a predetermined pickup spot on a road. I will if its snowing or raining. I always, always, have a warm wool hat, warm neck warmer and warm gloves. Those 3 things have saved me from freezing my tail off on days when the weather moves in unexpectedly. If I'm suspicious that it might get colder I also pack a pair polypro longjohns in case things get bad enough.