This may get me in trouble....but I don't think there is anything wrong with the rifle or the load.A lot of the analysis being made(good suggestions!)are based on two groups,and assume the OP is holding perfectly each and every time(Not dumping on the OP, just being realistic).

Three of the four shots in the 125 yard group are trending "right"( and those three are not strung and the group is pretty good)....this right tendency will be exagerated at greater distances and shows up in the lower group..I bet the horizontal stuff is due to alignment and the forend of that Savage rolling around in the bags and bouncing off the firm bags as he fires.There may also be cant in the scope or the way the OP holds the rifle that we can't see.

As for the lower impact, I think he just has to take it back to 100 and zero so that he's a full 2" high above that white dot.POI should come in at 200 or close to it.I'd also do what another poster suggested and get the forend off the bags back more to the receiver.Might also try a soft towel under there to try to minimize freaky bounces off the rest as the rifle recoils.

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/24/13.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.