.........down at the brand new Super WalMart, a few blocks from the casa. They opened their doors for the first time at 8 AM today.
I stopped in to check the store out, and pick up a loaf of bread. I went by the sporting goods department, and was astounded by the crowd at the ammo counter.
There were, no scheit, over 100 good old boys in line, and the store had not been open 20 min yet!
They had the place set up like Disney World, with those crowd control lines, and lots of store employees helping keep things under control.
Amazing, to see the panic in folks eyes, the sense of urgency, as they grabbed some of this, and some of that.
All the .45 auto, 9mm and .40 S&W was GONE. I over heard one of the managers saying that they were going to have to limit purchases.
At least they are stocking rifles, shotguns and ammo in this new store. The other one, across town, does not stock guns, just ammo.
Prices were ok. New Ruger American rifles, various calibers, were selling for $357. No takers though, everyone there was buying boolits. laugh

Sam......