Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Amazing, to see the panic in folks eyes, the sense of urgency, as they grabbed some of this, and some of that.
All the .45 auto, 9mm and .40 S&W was GONE. I over heard one of the managers saying that they were going to have to limit purchases.
It has been truly amazing to watch. Last week or so I was in one and walked by the ammo counter. It was bare (except for a few boxes of .17 and .22wmr and shotgun shells).
There was a handwritten sign saying something along the lines of "In order to serve more of our customers ammo purchases are limited to 3 boxes" or some such. I was in the area for maybe two minutes and saw a few others guys walked up and looked blankly at the shelves for several seconds and walk away. Locally BPS and Academy have people just staring at the empty shelves. It's weird to just see (them).
Ammo isn't bread. It keeps. And it is (was)relatively inexpensive. Why would you not have a relatively long time supply all the time?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me