Rob,

Interesting observation. Many of the bows you used at 60-62 lbs are at 265-270 fps

I have a Chronograph, so most of the guys I know want to use it from time to time for a speed check. I shoot an old 63# Mathews Switchback and it's at 280fps with 425 grain arrows. Right in the same speed and weight range you see.

I've seen plenty of heartbreak on the faces of folks with new bows that shoot over the Chronograph and see 275-285 FPS with their super high speed bows. They then come back with 50-75 grain lighter arrows, after losing some accuracy, and see 300-310fps. Then they are all happy that they get this high speed. Only to see their arrows no longer shoot clean through the animals, as they did with the "old" slow bow and big heavy clumsy arrows?

I'll be the first to admit that shooting arrows at 20-25 yards with 300plus FPS is wicked impressive. They seem to be in the target at the instant the trigger is pulled!

Pulling them out the block target is also much easier then shooting the heavy arrows at 265-280fps is.......... HHHmmmmm Why would that be???? Guess it's cause they are in the target about three inches less?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)