Today was cold, but no wind, so I decided to head for the range with my TC Omega, my new Thor 250 gr. 50 cal. bullets, and a can of Blackhorn 209 powder and Winchester 209 primers.

I ordered these bullets last week, after a conversation or two with the owner, who sent me a sample of 4 different bullet diameters to try in my barrel. Turns out that the .501" diameter is perfect for my smokepole.

With the Nikon Omega BDC 300 scope mounted up, it took all of three shots to zero at 100 yards, then on to 200 for three shots, then out to 300. The accuracy and ease of loading with this combo is almost unbelievable! No crud ring, and the 9th shot loaded as easily as the first.

After many years of shooting black powder, from flintlocks and real black powder thru Pyrodex, then Triple 7, this combo has to be the ultimate.

I think the Thor bullet concept, with Barnes bullet and sizing the bullet to the bore, is a real winner. I rather doubt I will be trying any new bullet or powder combos anytime soon. Can't wait to try it out on a big Nebraska whitetail next fall.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....