Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Originally Posted by E Blair
Originally Posted by RGK
Here's an early '80's 700 BDL in 7mm Mag. It's been pillared, glassed and floated. Trigger has been set at 3.5 lbs and I've replaced the aluminum bottom metal with steel. I mounted a Leupold scope in Talley rings. It's a great shooter and looks pretty good, too. I wouldn't do that to a Savage.
Bob

[Linked Image]

That is a great looking rifle! I know the 700 action is the base for the old military sniper rifle as well as many benchrest and target rifles. Thanks for that photo.

My Dad is an ex USMC Scout Sniper, he once told me that one of the armorers told him that they use 700s 'cause the government is too cheap to buy 'em model 70s.

Ha ha ha that's some funny chit right there.... laugh..Probably true too... wink.....Should have seen the guy shooting my 9.3x62mm yesterday...He was ready to turn his nose up to his remingtons...I knew you of all people would understand grin...Just something about shooting that 1 1/4" group (5 shot) from the sitting position that won him over whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA