With two excellent combo guns now in my safes and at 66.5 yrs., I am not too likely to buy another. However, I always wanted one of these guns and have handled some superb examples, thus, I know exactly what MY "dream combo" would be.

A "Bockbuschflinte" or O/U shotgun/rifle, made by Johann Fanjoz, Peter Hofer or one of the one top Germanic makers. A boxlock, preferably with disc-set strikers, gas ports, sideclips and I prefer a "dollshead" third fastener to the usual "Kersten" or "Greener" crossbolt.

I want a Euro-"Sourdough" front sight, with the folding hood as used on some fine Brit. rifles and a Q-rib, incorporating bases for Talley-type rings and an adjustable "ghost" peep sight. I have much the same on my customized Merkel 96 in 9.3x74R.

I would go with 12x9.3x74R, the shot tube having about 15 points of constriction, 25" tubes and a solid inter-rib. I would like a "schweinrucken" comb, but, no cheekpiece and a LOP suited for RIFLE shooting as I could add a "slipon" pad for shotty work.

Two scopes, prefer Zeiss Conquest 4x models, now, sadly, discontinued and Talley screwlock rings.

I want it plain in finish, but, built with the care of a Rizzini R-2 and with extended tangs plus a top safety and double triggers, the front hinged.

Barrels from that special steel Merkel uses/used in their 300 series guns and a stainless receiver. The overall weight to be about 8 lbs.

Spare ejectors, pins and whatever, pre-fitted and that ought to do it, I would expect such a piece to cost $30-40K, if done the way I want it, all included.

Wellll, what do they say......"go big or go home"! smile