Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Excellent input, guys. Just what I'm looking for. Thanks and keep 'em coming.

just keep in mind the reports are also only as good as the data put into the system......we break things out in alot of ways so we can see just where problems are.....we dont have just a "sales" input.....we have newsstand sales, paper sales, display advertising sales, classified advertising sales, legal advertising sales, print shop printing sales and computer printing sales....ect

while you can go to far and get obsessed with splitting to the point the reports get huge and a pain to get through, you will do well to break up stuff in to numerous categories as makes sence so that if you start wondering what areas you are doing great at and what areas need help you can go to a report and find out and not just have you sold X amount in services total.....and we do the same with costs, each area of the business gets kept track of.....

Rattler, just curious, how "small" is your business?

ok, how do you want me to measure it cause people "measure" by alot of different ways....number of employees? 5 full time(myself and my wife being 2 of those), 3 very part time when we have a full staff.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books