The CZ 999 is made by Zastava in Serbia and was created a product for the export market for law enforcement or civilian sales. They were imported for a while by Charles Daly but have never had impressive sales numbers mostly because Charles Daly just doesn�t have the marketing budget of the larger manufacturers; I really couldn�t tell you if they�re still imported or who the newer importers are. Zastava has an excellent reputation as a maker of very high quality military and sporting arms. Zastava made SKS rifles show a manufacture quality easily as high as US made military arms. Zastava has made sporting Mauser action rifles for as long as I can remember, and they have always been popular for custom gunmakers to turn into �best� quality sporters.

The 999 Scorpion is in most ways a copy of a Sig 226 with some changes. It incorporates the old style Sig slide that is stamped, welded, profiled, and then a center block is pinned in. So like the Sig�s, that roll pin that holds in the center block will need to be changed from time to time, but I don�t recall what the recommended change interval is. I have heard that the 999 has seen some sales to Serbian military units and law enforcement.

I have handled one, but have not fired one. The one I handled looked pretty well made, but obviously not as nice as a Sig. I have no reason to believe it�s not a good quality pistol based on Zastava�s history alone. The only concern to have with this pistol is the availability of magazines and parts should something break. It would be interesting to know if Sig magazines or perhaps something else will work in the Zastava.