Originally Posted by Shod
Ratsmacker, I appoligize if I came off like an ass.....it wasn't intended that way. Sometimes my weird sense of humour makes me look bad. I do agree with you that there are a great bunch of fellas on the forum.

It shouldn't surprise me that the pistol isn't well known yet.....there new for 2013 and the one I received the serial # is 00093. Zastava plans to do a run of 25,000 this year.

The Zastava CZ 999 because it is so unknown is selling for dirt cheap right now. I picked mine up for $395. I feel the pistol is comparable to most $750 pistol and prices are expected to go up as the pistol becomes more known. The quality should really sell this semi auto pistol.

Shod

Even the best products don�t sell themselves. Whether or not the 999 will catch on will most likely come down to the importers ability to market the pistol. They need to get it into the hands of all the gunzine writers, and all the popular online gun web sites. Then they need to have a bunch of people buy them and have a good experience with them. Glock really set the bar for how to kick off a pistol in the US. Any company would be smart to emulate much of their approach.