Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Old_Writer
A grand would be high for a shooter grade gun, but a lot of "what's it worth" depends on "where it's at", and in your neighborhood (where ever that may be) you might get top dollar. Where I live, I'd expect to see the gun sell for something closer to $650-750.

gunbroker

gunsamerica

There are two that a quick search brought up. Both are refinishes. I didn't look these up before I guessed at a price. Refinishes always bring less and this supposedly is an original gun.

Maybe you're right, but things are not selling the way they were prior to Sandy Hook, even mol unrelated guns. They weren't cheap prior to the incident either.
True enough but, at least locally, old-school revolvers haven't seen the same jump as modern auto-loaders. I don't now how reliable the prices are on any of the gun auction sites, but I do know that most guys looking to spend a grand on a hand gun either want a new pistol with all the bells and whistles, or something with a lot more than 70% finish. There are, of course, exceptions if you are looking at a gun with verifiable history, or in a rare caliber or configuration. A photo would be helpful...

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne