Originally Posted by Fireball2
9 1/2' Wenaha snake sent to me this morning by a buddy. 5" head, 3" fangs, 22 rattles.

[Linked Image]
I thought we had seen that pic before and many called BS on its size. However, about 45 years ago the man who is married to my cousin and always took me hunting in the Nueces river and Piney Creek bottoms in east Texas was making a round in the loblolly pine sand hills with his deer hound (Nancy) one afternoon while I was on stand. He came by to pick me up and was visibly shaken. He was following the dog down a narrow dry branch about 4-5 feet deep looking for the sign of crossing deer when she started acting strange. He hissed her on but she refused and he started looking and saw a huge timber rattler coiled under a youpon on the bank. He busted it with his double barrel savage and no.1 buck. This guy had dealt with plenty of big snakes fishing the swamps, rivers wading and seining sloughs and bar ditches in the bottoms. The size of this snake had him puking and he had to force himself to go back and cut off the 22 rattlers and a button. He wouldn't even talk to me about how big that snake was until many years later he said he figured it was about 9 ft long.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.