I got my first 99 when I was 13. It was an EG in .300. I remember it had a Chicopee barrel address and I think the serial number was in the 500K range. I killed several whitetails with it over the next few years and sold it before going into the Navy. I bought an 1895 in 1966 while home on leave which I still have. I bought and kept a few others over the years until about 2005 when I seriously started collecting. Murray's book hooked me. I would like to attend a Savage Fest. The photos from last years are great. I'll have the collection at the Denver show May 17 to 19. The February CGCA newsletter is on their website (www.CGCA.com)and has photos of some of my rifles in part 1 of an article I wrote for them. This is the pre-1947 part. Part 2 is in the March newsletter but so far it isn't available on the website.
I found the posting concerning photobucket. Will try it later. I'm always looking forward to meeting more 99 collectors. David

Last edited by wyo1895; 04/11/13.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]