Originally Posted by Azshooter
Hi Casey,

Gunwerks created the 7 LRM by necking down the 375 Ruger AND moving the shoulder back creating a longer neck. They offer fully formed brass.

If you were to try this yourself you would need quite a few forming dies but it is possible. There is no shortage of 375 brass. It is the only brass that hasn't moved at our local Sportsman's in months. I did buy two boxes but the other two are still there.

An alternative is to just neck down the case. I did this recently with 150 pcs of 375 Ruger brass.
It took 7 steps plus neck turning to make the finalized brass. Once I made a few cases I ordered a reamer from Pacific tool and gauge.

Dan sold me a slightly used 30" lilja 1 in 9 twist 6 groove. Had to cut off 5/8" to rechamber the 7 stw. I am doing my own chamber jobs now!

Man does it shoot! Short neck isn't an issue. Getting 3200 fps with a 180 Berger hybrid and RL-33. Checked it last week at 3 pts on the rams. While very windy the comeups were correct and it only drifted 10-12" in a gusty 15 mph crosswind at 500 M.

Thats pretty good info, as usual!

My smith called them, $132 for 100 pieces of brass, which I didn't find out of line.

I think I am going to go down that line as I wasn't really jazzed about going with the standard 7RM. I wanted something a little sexier.

Have you tried the 7LRM with H1000? I have 4-5 pounds on hand and would love if it is a applicable powder with good speed and accuracy.