Originally Posted by phorwath
Anybody have the 7 LRM case length available? And the trim to length? Wondering if it's the same as the .375 Ruger, or a little shorter.

Gunwerks has the 7 LRM brass at 2.514" and Nosler had the 375 Ruger brass at 2.58". http://www.nosler.com/375-ruger

I just ordered the 7mm LRM reamer, die set, and brass from Gunwerks. Aaron was more than helpful and sent me an email with a short write up on the LRM and reamer specs after talking with him. Here is part of that article.

"The development goal behind the design of the 7LRM was to achieve balance, not extreme performance. Really, shooting at animals beyond 1000 yards is a tricky proposition�not for the novice. The Gunwerks crew lives for long range gear and shots, but the number of animals killed at or beyond 1000 can be counted on one hand. Maybe this is because we film our hunts, and can�t afford a miss or bad shot placement.
We need to balance the requirement of a minimum velocity threshold of 2000 fps at 1000 yards with a hunting weight bullet, and wind deflection numbers that will allow 30-50% uncertainty in our wind estimation against recoil, cost, and case life for reloading. We wanted a cartridge of modern design that fit in a standard magazine box that will take any game we want to chase in all conditions-basically the ultimate hunting cartridge.
First off, we settle on the 7mm diameter bullet because of the high ballistic coefficients of hunting weight bullets from 160 to 180+ grains. Then we look for a case to base the cartridge from to save thousands in tooling costs. The 375 Ruger from Hornady is perfect. The 375 is very similar to the genius 30 Newton cartridge from 100 years ago. This cartridge case fits a standard magnum bolt face without modification, and there is no rebated rim as on the massive Ultra Magnum case. We fit the neck length to the longer 180 grain bullet, with the overall case length of 2.5 inches. With a 30 degree shoulder and minimum body taper, we achieve nearly 3100 fps velocity with a 180 grain bullet. If one compared the LRM case against two of our other favorite cartridges the 6XC and 6.5-284 Norma, you will notice some striking similarity."

My plan is to take a brand new M70 EW 7 Rem Mag and have it rechambered into the 7 LRM. After having a 338-375 Ruger built, I just had to have a
7mm-375! I want the LRM for correct headstamped brass and no stepped forming. Think it will make a great all around NA rifle less the big bears.

Last edited by Woodycreek; 10/02/13.