Originally Posted by JoeMartin
This may be an apples to oranges comparison, but the logic is still there. My buddy booked us a wild pig hunt in S.C., the first couple guides he talked to said my 250 was too small, get something 30 or bigger. So, I started working up loads for my DL in 308, but was having scope problems. Got my Dads 06 Rem pump, but it was having trigger problems. Just a little dirty, hasn't been touched since Dad passed. The guide we wound up using said he took pigs all the time with a 243, just shoot them behind the ear. Grabbed my 250 R and never looked back. It took almost 20 minutes for the pig to turn so I could put one behind his ear, but he went down like Thor hit on the head with his hammer. This year I joked about having to wait so long for the pig to turn and Rick said "well, just shoot him in the eye". So, I shot this years pig in the left eye, came out behind the right eye, dead pig. It seems like if I, at 100 yards, aim at a bull the size of a cup saucer, I can keep every shot in the black. But, the groups can be 3". If I shoot at a 2" bull, all of the shots will be in the black, but much tighter. If I aim at a little target, I can hit a little target. If I aim at a big target, I can hit it too, somewhere. Learn your target, so you are not just shooting at a big brown spot. If I ever go West, my 250 is coming with me. Might take bigger stuff too. But if I have to shoot him in the eye or ear to put him down, I know I can do it, Joe.

There's a precision rifleman. And as far as triggers go, everybody knows a lighter, crisper trigger makes it possoble to shoot the rifle better.

LOL