Here's a shot of the metal after the de-crud, the "KG" stamp is below the bolt stop and reads sort of northwest to southeast with a mark in between reflecting glare. The flip-up peep is visible as well.

I still haven't fired the 99, but was curious to see how the counter rolled and stuffed in 5 rounds. The numbers showed up for 1 and for 0, but at 2, 3, and 4 they were outside of the window. The spring doesn't feel particularly strong, but it does seem to push the rounds right up against the bottom of the bolt. To check each position, I'd partially cycle a round then remove it, press the cartridges down for the bolt to clear and close it on an empty chamber. Seems the spring's strong enough, with no hitches, but the numbers don't show.

The rotor has some crud on it, I wiped the numbers as they rolled up with a q-tip, but have not removed the rotor itself for a full cleaning. Looks like it might take a dozen hands to re-install.

Kirk

[Linked Image]

Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern