Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by dingo

Originally Posted by JSTUART
Hello Rattler, I was under the impression that the Recluse spider carried a bacterium in it's saliva/venom that causes the necrosis?

Not according to the medical literature. Like I said, it's mostly likely something else, probably MRSA.

The spider bite/necrotizing fasciitis myth was dispelled years ago.

http://www.amednews.com/article/20020805/health/308059999/4/

Gordon "Pegleg" Blohm was one of the founders of NRA BPCR in the Desert Southwest, and is long gone to his reward.

I wish he was still around. Were the two of you able to discuss the Brown Recluse bites to which he LOST his leg, I think you might be inclined to re-think your position.

GTC

in the 11 years ive been with my wife ive run into 3 doctors that claimed there is no such thing as migraines and that my wife was just a drug addict looking for a fix.....just cause you can find someone with letters behind there name that says something doesnt mean what they say is true or what is accepted by a hell of alot of people with letters behind their names....you dont have to be a genius to get a PhD or an MD, infact some with them are [bleep] retards....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books