Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Ringman
How bad is your eyesight and I don't mean that in a nasty way?

In a nasty way or a nice way my glasses corrected vision is 20/15 during the day.

Do you have vision problems?

1. I am near sighted. 2. The doctor told me on a night vision scale most folks are at fourteen. If a person sees the same in the night as the day he would be a one. If you are at thirty-six you are totally blind in darkness. He told me,
"Don't be caught out after dark without a flashlight. You are thirty-two on the scale."

The reason I include my son-in-law is because there are some here who try to disparage my comparisons of optics because of the night blindness. I wonder how they think that influences comparisons done during normal day, but they think it because they post it. My son-in-law can see in the night without a flashlight. He is approaching fifty years of age and told me the other day he noticed he can't see quite as well as he used to. I tested him by checking something with a flashlight and then going into the house and requesting him come out and tell me what is over by the big tree about fifty yards out. He got it right. So I guess he can still see O.K.

I hope this answers your question without being argumentative.

How can you evaluate the effectiveness of certain optics in the dark.? Would not your experiences differ from someone that did not have your condition?

The great Ringmans posts on optics, can be mostly ignored, as he mentioned he has poor vision,
and only offers a translation. Too bad he posts here, that is the way I see it.