Here is my report on this. I made the first pot just as the recipe called for. I must say that for my taste [b] it left a good bit to be desired. Just not much flavor there for me, awfuly bland. I also used egg noodles for the base. That was mistake to me. Nothing to soak up the gravy which was way too thin for the way [b]I like it.

It also didn't need cooking near as long as called for. Mine was done in four hours on low.

Sooooooo! I made a second pot with additions. Cut the water to the gravy and made it just as the package (Pioneer brown) said. Still had to thicken it just a bit. I might try turkey gravy next time or I might not. Brown is PDG! Added some baby carrots and chopped celery. A can of sliced mushrooms (didn't have fresh) and some fine chopped onion. Next time I will put in some minced garlic too. I am kind of wondering what a small can of drained english peas would do. Surely needs salt and ground pepper.

Used rice so the gravy has something to stick to. If you just got to have pasta I believe lignuine would be a lot better than noodles. Maybe rotini.

With a nice green salad this makes a fine meal and fairly inexpensive. Best I remenber a 2# package of gizzards was less than $3.

Quando Omni Moritati