Originally Posted by ppine
For all you doubting buttheads from puzzy states like PA and TX, I worked in SE Alaska and saw bears everyday for several months. Some of them had paws the size of dinner plates. The only person I ever saw in the field was a US Fish and Wildife agent and he was required to carry a .375 H and H if he got out of his boat.

All of this discussion about .45 acps and .357 mags is quite humorous, but a waste of time. If you are going to question someone's else's experience, next time get some of your own.

I lived in Alaska for 7 years and I am familiar them as well. A kenai resident save his zzz while I was there with a 357 mag. Kenai bears are large as you should know. The bear got on him before he even knew the bear was near he finally got his 357 out and shot the bear in the mouth ending all hostilities

FOr you to po paw on the use of a handgun to save one life just shows your lack of knowledge on the subject

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first