Getting invited to a late season Elk hunt, had my bags packed and was out the door for the drive to Colorado, no problem, I always keep a bag packed for such things. I took my new Ruger # 1 that I had rebarreled and reworked for 330 Dakota, Got to where I was going and well the ammo boxes I had at the time were all the same color. I had ammo alright, 338 Winchesters. Lucky for me I had left a box in the truck from a range sighting it a few days earlier. I had 4 rounds of 330 Dakota, I was lucky the gun shot right where I wanted it to, and I had three left to hunt with. Not good, my comfort level is to have at least 10 on hand. My friend had plenty of guns and if I needed to one could be used. It didn't matter much shot a cow on the third day and it was less than 60 yards. I never hunted with that rifle since. Sold it some time ago. Learn a lesson. Decide what rifle you are going to hunt with for the whole season, and put a box or two of ammo in you pre packed bags or some place in your car. Or stick with the common cartridges.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov