Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by RyeDaddy
It did pretty stupid to outlaw automatuc knives in a state where you can carry a gun, but I don't know anyone who has been hassled about it before they repealed it. A folding auto seems like alot of expense for very little benefit, think I'll get an out-the-front. I've always had Benchmade knives, but am not too impressed with their Infidel, like my brother has. Thinking of buying a Microtech Troodon or Ultratech for myself to celebrate, maybe?

I've always carried folders made by BenchMade or Spderco. I've looked at a few of the Benchmade Auto models here locally & haven't been two impressed.
One of my LE buddies carrys a Protec OTF Model with the double edged Dagger style blade that is opens so fast that it seems like the blade just appears out of thin air! Damn Fast & slicker than greased goose [bleep]. Seems to have a really solid lockup & also has a lock or saftey button to keep it from opening in your pocket. So I'm thinking maybe an OTF model for weak side carry.

Always thought the SwitchBlade law was really stupid anyways. I've been Legally carrying a Pistol for 20 years now, but a auto opening or SwitchBlade Knife was Illegal.WTF ?
Just more political correctness BS, IMHO Ever LEO I know has carried switchblades for years. Of Course, nobody would file on those guys for "illegal" carry cool

LEO's and I believe current military were and are legal in Texas. Just you peons were not. Can't trust you man. Yes I'm a peon also.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~