I had one of the very first RSM rifles imported into Canada, purchased here in Vancouver and then modded to be a "working rifle" for use on "fire lookouts" in the Canadian Rockies, while alone in Grizzly country.

A couple of friends bought these in .416 Rigby and I have shot them and thus have some experience to form my opinion on.

I do NOT care for these and would never buy/own another for several reasons.

I also have handled and thoroughly examined the first Kimber Caprivi .416 Rem. brought into Vancouver and consider it to be poorly finished and over-priced; I WAS going to buy it the year before last, UNTIL I checked it out. The retail here at that time was $3895.00, IIRC and 12% taxes on that...much too costly for mediocre quality.

The Classic Mod. 70 requires some serious mods, but, with these done by a GOOD smith, it can be an excellent piece in ANY of it's chamberings and with these, is probably the most "cost effective" of your options.

I have a CZ-550 American, 9.3x62, just now being finished as a "customized" hunting/working rifle and most of those I know here with these rifles, seem very satisfied with them. I have had 20+ of the older Brno ZKK, 21/22 and ZG rifles and they can also be simply outstanding with some mods, quite simple ones, actually.

So, I would tend to lean to the CZ-550M in .416 Rigby, WITH some "tuning" AND a synthetic stock for your "best" choice and the Mod. 70 would be my second choice here.

While, some CZs CAN have ...feeding problems..., SO can ANY rifle ever made; I bought a lovely Dakota 76-.338WM, made under the supervision of Don Allen, in the late '80s and it would NOT feed the last two of the three rounds in the mag......this is supposedly THE finest US-made rendition of the Mod. 70, etc, etc and after "massaging" by the gurus of Martini Gunmakers, IS NOW what it SHOULD have been when I paid big bux for it.

So, while I would choose a custom CZ-550M in .404J for what you perfer the .416s for, this is how I would approach your choice, if, definitely limited to the rounds you prefer.

If, I WAS going to get a .416 Remmy, I would have a STS Classic Mod. 70 done with a 4+1 capacity, Recknagels, Talleys, Leupy 4x-HD and whatever plastic handle you like and then learn to use THAT ONE rifle as though it were an "extension of my arm". I had a much modded P-64-70 like this in .375 H&H for some years and then traded it and built one much the same, except it wears a 20" STS Classic tube and shoots far better than I now can at 67.

Just some thots, HTH.