Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I bought my CZ 550 .416 Rigby slightly used in 2002, and it needed a little smoothing of one edge of the feed ramp and a stronger magazine spring to work perfectly. It has done so ever since, even with flat-nosed solids from more than one manufacturer. Never had any trouble with the nice walnut stock splitting, either, unlike many who buy the walnut-stocked Rugers of any variety chambered for .375's on up. In my limited experience, however, the Rugers don't usually need any adjustment to feed right out of the box.

Had a .416 Remington Magnum Model 70 Classic for a while too, and it fed perfectly with most ammo. It did break a glass-bedded Boyd's laminated stock (busted out the recoil lug area) so I put one of D'Arcy Echols' McMillans on it, which solved that problem.

Have noticed a lot of CZ's in the hands of African PH's, which says something, but dunno if Rugers are available over there. The cheapest solution would probably be an Alaskan model Ruger, as they feed well and the synthetic stocks won't split.

I knew ruger had a problem getting a 416 ruger with a wood stock that wouldn't split, but did that also apply to the RSM? The 458 lott must really be bad if that is the case. I would assume ruger will not fix a split RSM stock since they are out of production?

Is the stock and bedding on the new M70 adequate?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.