Originally Posted by geedubya
What's the old saying, opinions are like noses, everyone has one and most of them smell, so with that in mind JMHO........

[Linked Image]

You might consider a Cooper "Classic" model 38 in 22 hornet,

I've owned hornets in Browing low wall, Ruger, Browing Bolt, and Cooper. The Cooper was the most accurate of the hornets I've owned.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the groups above were at 100 yds. off the bench fired from the Cooper pictured above.

I've not owned the Hornet in the CZ, but the CZ 550's that I've owned have been plenty accurate. A bud of mine just got back from a prairie dog shoot. He stated that the CZ 527 in 223 was his favorite.

If you're not married to the Hornet, a CZ 527 in a 221 Fireball or even a Remington 700 LVSF (if you can find one) is a nice mild and very accurate chambering that don't tear the bejesus out of small critters.

[Linked Image]

Remington 700 LVSF, 221 Fireball

I've found the 221 fireball to be a very easy to load for cartridge and you don't have the problem with the thin necks splitting as with the hornet. Plus should you get the small caliber bug, you can do a 17 mach IV or 17 fireball and a 20 VarTarg by necking the fireball brass up or down.

Once again, JMHO.

Best,

GWB

Alright geedubya, what's that ring-tailed uncoon looking thang that you have kilt and stuffed?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member