I cannot tell about the G19 vs. the 229R, but I can tell you that the 229R is a PIG in every dimension against a G30SF with the standard 10 round magazine installed. I am mainly talking about height, width and weight, which are of critical importance to concealment. (The G30 is .2� shorter in height than the 19 and .6� shorter than the 229. The G30 is wider than the G19, and the Sig is wider than the G30. The Sig weighs more unloaded than the G19 weighs loaded-add 7 to 8 ounces for ammo.) The only attribute that is better with the 229 is the more rounded top of the rear of the slide, as opposed to the boxy rear of the Glock, which aids in concealment.

I tried a 229R in a Sparks VMII and it did not work for me. (The 30SF didn�t really, either, but it was better than the 229R.) The 30 will hide well in a Crossbreed Supertuck that is adjusted to get the gun low and canted. The 229 may work better in that holster than the Sparks, but it still is taller, wider and heavier. I may be able to get some pictures when time permits.

I wouldn�t carry a 229 for CCW unless somebody made me. There are just too many other packages out there that work better for that purpose. But, if you really want to try it, I would make you a good deal on a VMII.

YMMV

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln