naphthalene (moth balls) is what the active ingredient is in some commercially offered "snake away" here down south

or you can just go to the dollar store and get moth balls instead of paying the extra coin for the hyped up label.

and then, it's questionable as to if the chit even works. As a former PCO, that's why I just told folks to buy it themselves while other pest control dudes charged an extra $50 for a "snake repellent"

whuteva

I tossed a few out at my place just for the hell of it, barn cats take care of most of the snakes and if they die from a venomous snakebite, fuggem. Cats are free, there's [bleep] up usually on the sidewalk outside Toys R Us being given away by girl scouts. Sure, I'll take a fresh one. lol

btw, best snake trap is submersed minnow trap. I've caught several copperheads (not cottonmoufs) in the spring branch beside the house here, also inadvertantly catch a few harmless brightly colored banded water snakes. Oh well, the minnow trap is no respector of brands. Leave the snakes to rot a couple weeks, viola- the trap is full of crawdads. Time to go fishing for bullhead catfish. Get some beer.