Originally Posted by curdog4570
It's hard to see the ends of the tails because of shadows in the pics, but they appear to taper to a fine point.. Cottonmouths and copperheads have blunt tails.

But... if they have fangs, they ain't just plain old slim tailed moccasins which some DO have a little bit of a triangular head, but they ain't as flat headed as a venomous snake.

The ones around your area must be well fed, 'cause every moccasin and Copperhead I've killed here has had a slim, pointed tail. The moccasins all have that chunky body that abruptly goes to the skinny tip. The Copperheads here have all been slender, but with a defined break from body to slim tail.

I have yet to ask any of them their ancestry if they're anywhere close to the house. I only speak gunpowder and lead and they don't have much to say... grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell