Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Mobil 1 seems to be the standard synthetic choice for most. Personally I'd stick to a good dino oil if that's what it came with. You're only driving about 12K a year, you'll trade off the truck long before you'll ever see any benefit to synthetic oil. .

BS. Now, if you had said Amsoil and bypass filtration, then yes, I would agree, you'd have to be a high-mileage driver to get a nickel back. I might put dino oil in my lawnmower, then again, maybe not.

You know, opinions on oil are like a$$holes, everyone's got one and everybody's but their own stinks. I gave my opinion, it might stink to you but it's certainly not BS. Of the three vehicles in my driveway right now only one of them has less than 270,000 miles on it, the highest mileage has 375,000 miles and it's never had a drop of synthetic oil in it. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing you've never come close to putting 375,000 miles on a vehicle. When you do, then come back and run your suck hole about how you have to use synthetic to get it to last through a drive to the grocery store.

And I wouldn't run Amsoil in my lawnmower.